Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Dishonesty and Cooking Problems

I wrote this on Sunday and it didn't publish.... here it is, a little late.

I haven't been entirely honest with you.  There have been some problems this year, but I have learned from them more quickly than I learned from previously problems.  Because of this willingness to accept my failures, I mostly forget about them.  When issues have come up, I have been able to state my mind with a firm backbone like never before. Still, I'm far from the perfect paragon of strength.

After my last post, and continual posts which state that I am happy, I wonder if  I am sounding boastful or fake.  While nothing is terrible, everything is not perfect.

I have to tell you something funny, which was that I made dinner and it was horrible.  I was starting to like cooking, and, bolstered by confidence, added fresh rosemary and crushed garlic to salmon, which I baked. Oh my god. It was so bad.  I just had to share that failure, had to be real with you.  I've had good luck with salmon in the past; this time, I've learned a lesson, and will go back to what I know.

I didn't get into cooking very easily.  It has been a rocky road, full of disasters. Then I read The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters and started believing in myself and getting excited about salad.  That book truly changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment