Friday, July 18, 2014

Well

Today I am feeling well. I have these organic blueberries that are monstrous in size and bold in flavor--a rare combination unless it's July!

I have been trying to figure out my whole life, i.e., plan for my future.

Sometimes I think grad school is just too much work right now when I want to have a family. But I don't have a family yet, duh, so on we go through the classes.  But if I do get married and have kids before I reach the 30 units I need to complete the program, that is okay with me.  The units can wait a few years.  Kids might not.

Being in school while I'm working full time is tricky. It is hard. It is a great experience for me to help me empathize with others who do this.  Having little time for myself will be good preparation for when I do have kids!

It can be stressful to juggle work and school, because I want to excel in both realms in my life. Actually, "I want to" is an understatement.  That is not the type of student I am. It is not how I function. I must excel.

This post is going through my head on a regular basis.  I have already shared these feelings with several people in my life.  I think the tricky thing is just waiting and refocusing my vision on the present.

The two cats are outside.  In my sink are two bowls, two spoons, an empty tea cup.  My hair is damp and I'm barefoot, but besides that, I'm ready to go.

Off to work then.

xoxo
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment