Tuesday, August 12, 2014

An Upside Down Candle to Support the Scandal

For real, sitting at my kitchen table, I've flipped a jarred candle over and used it as a stand for my cell phone, on which I'm watching Scandal, the television drama by Shonda Rhimes.  Well, not presently.  Presently, I'm on my lunch break at work.  The past week or so, though, Scandal over breakfast, Scandal as I wave around the cat toys for my cuddly predators, Scandal after I tuck myself in for bed.  I still have about 25 episodes I haven't seen yet.  I understand that Season 4 starts on September 25, so I've got some time with that; however, classes start in two weeks.

Last year I did the right thing and cancelled my Netflix account when school began.  That's how it goes.

I'm also still (somewhat obsessively) planning and imagining a future family. I think three kids would be good. I imagine a daughter with very long hair. I've daydreamed my way through walks, and practiced difficult conversations we will need to have, worked out phrasing I will forget about in fifteen years. But she doesn't exist yet, so it seems sort of pointless, an exercise in imagination that will have limited exposure on this blog.

That's part of the reason for my radio silence. I guess my thoughts have been a bit too personal to share on the wide-world-of-web lately.

What's new?

On Friday, my boyfriend asked if I wanted to go to Las Vegas for the weekend, and I explained that I would love to, but I have to do laundry and I'm not fully prepared to get married this weekend, and he said, "No, not to get married, just to visit."  OH RIGHT. Haha. And then he offered to do my laundry and clean my apartment for me.  Since he works from home now, he can do that kind of thing. See how easy it is to let my heart get ahead of my head?  *sigh*

This summer has kept a level of humidity and heat that seems unusual.  It is my first summer living in this valley, but I was only living 30 miles west before that, and summers are usually dry here in Southern California.

We had a great time in Las Vegas.  We didn't even get close to the Strip, which I appreciated, since I'm generally not feeling the sloppy-drunk-people scene. Instead, Ryan and I hiked around Red Rock Canyon and visited with his friends who live there. We left early on Sunday morning, and lounged around my apartment for the rest of the day.

We're going to hear some jazz tonight in his neighborhood... I'm excited about it, but part of me is also like, but then I can't watch Scandal!  Talk about #firstworldproblems.

Anyway, here is a photo from our trip to Red Rock:

Thanks for visiting, and see you next time. 

Yours,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment