Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Try a Little Tenderness, or, Potentialities

The Title

Process. Unsure of a title for this blog, I gave it two, a fitting compromise to actually choosing. This structure includes "potentialities" in the main title while also suggesting it as a subtitle, and as a theme rolled up into tenderness, because doesn't love create possibilities?

PossibilitiesI was also considering naming this entry "Ladies if you love your man, show him you're the flyest" because it reminds me to do my best and be my best, flyest self that I want to fling into the open, showing off, with the sun on my face, and the possibilities of morning before me--and because, Beyonce, duh.

Decision. But I went for the Otis Redding title, given that all I wanted today was to listen to Otis Redding, and I'm finally fulfilling that dream now, listening to The Very Best of.

The Gravity of the Situation. This is my 50th post on this nonsensicalifornia space. 50 posts is not too bad in five months, no? Also 50 is the atomic number of tin. Oil can... Gotta get some more heart. Okay? Take heart. Be heartened. It will all be okay.  But what I mean is, let's celebrate! Woooooo 50 yeah!!!!!!

Transition. I'm going all Laurence Sterne on this post--sorry folks. Cliff notes for the curious: Sterne was an author in the 1700's whose "style is marked by digression and amplification" -wikipedia


Health

Vegetables. I'm eating green beans, raw and crunchy. When it comes to vegetables, tenderness can be overdone. What if we remade "Try a little tenderness" as "Try a little crunchiness" with everything the opposite, but really it was just about how, seriously, let's all just eat our vegetables. Anyone want to work with me on such a PSA? Kidding. I don't really want to do that.

Retinal Scans. I saw the eye doctor today and elected to get a Retinal Scan. I capitalized this so you remember it and do it too. It was so cool! It is a procedure that replaces dilation and allows the patient to see their eyes in fancy detail too. It takes a 3D photo with a green flash of light, so the picture is all greens and pinks, not gross reds and pinks, and you can see the retina and nerves, and any vitreous floaters which you may or may not have (I have one). Believe me, you just have to try it. It was $39 out of pocket but totally worth it.

Hormones. Being a woman is really awesome because things I would be nervous to say at one point become totally easy to say because there's that point where the wave of emotions sinks so low and then swells up so fast you have to just say what you're feeling.  I'm feeling good right now--probably because I was able to address all of my feelings.


Obvious Points

Communication solves hella problems.
Friendship is the point.
Gratitude improves almost every situation.
Tenderness can dissipate distractions.


Potentialities

Maybe I sweep the floor again.
Maybe I wipe clean the surfaces again.
Maybe I just crawl into bed.
Maybe I organize.
Maybe I pet my cats.
Maybe I stay sitting here, listening to Otis.
Maybe I stretch a while.


Okay then. 

Goodnight.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment